Co-op Night (XB1 & 360 Edition) Tues@9 PM EST (Recruitment)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Sunday, February 15, 2015, 14:18 (3408 days ago)
edited by Kermit, Sunday, February 15, 2015, 14:30

This week we’re doing something new—synchronized co-op nights!

What?

The Nightfall mission (or Weekly Heroic--your choice), followed by a daily mission nightcap.

Who?

Guardians level 28 and up

Where?

XBL on the Xbox One and 360

How?

Community members sign up with their gamertags using the event links: Xbone | 360

Breitzen is handling Xbox One hosting duties, and I’ll host on the 360.

We will invite you to an XBL party shortly before 9 EST. Every effort will be made to invite players in the order they signed up in the fireteam builder. When the party is full the Co-op Night Random Team Generator (RTG) will assign teams. Teams will break off, and I'll invite more people to the party until I've included everyone. This process should wrap up by ~9:05.

Why?

To have the opportunity to play with community members you may not have played with before, to have a predictable time during the week to cooperatively tackle a harder challenge, and to kick some alien butt.

<3

Kermit

P.S. Remember that on co-op night, assists count more than kills.

Monday or Tuesday?

by Lawnmower172, Sunday, February 15, 2015, 17:37 (3408 days ago) @ Kermit

Fire team builder says the 360 group is Monday. I'm fine either way :)

Tuesday

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Sunday, February 15, 2015, 20:02 (3408 days ago) @ Lawnmower172

Sorry about that. I manually edited the field, but it didn't take.

Is this thing happening?

by ckamp, Tuesday, February 17, 2015, 18:13 (3406 days ago) @ Kermit

- No text -

Is this thing happening?

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, February 17, 2015, 23:35 (3406 days ago) @ ckamp

I think we both sent messages to each other, but they got lost in the mire of whatever was going on with Xbox live. Same with lawnmower. Sorry, guys.

Is this thing happening?

by ckamp, Wednesday, February 18, 2015, 00:51 (3406 days ago) @ Kermit

No worries. I had fun with some others playing Iron Banner.

Co-op Night (XB1 & 360 Edition) Tues@9 PM EST

by Warbow, Monday, February 16, 2015, 10:56 (3407 days ago) @ Kermit

I can't make it this week. No, it is not because you abandoned us last week. I am traveling for work and won't be able to play Destiny until Friday night.

A bit behind schedule

by breitzen @, Kansas, Tuesday, February 17, 2015, 18:08 (3406 days ago) @ Kermit

Can't see any friends on the game or console. im doing a hard reset to see if that helps but it looks like it might be on XBL's end.

A bit behind schedule

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Tuesday, February 17, 2015, 18:11 (3406 days ago) @ breitzen

Can't see any friends on the game or console. im doing a hard reset to see if that helps but it looks like it might be on XBL's end.

Yeah, it appears to be a widespread issue on Xbox's end.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Tuesday, February 17, 2015, 18:16 (3406 days ago) @ breitzen

I go to messages to send breitzen an apology--oops! You've found a glitch!

"Is all of Xbox Live not working?!"

I click support--runtime application error.

"Yes, all of it."

If the stuff comes back online, I'll be on the Master Chief Collection--I guess.

I'll keep my eyes open.

by breitzen @, Kansas, Tuesday, February 17, 2015, 18:28 (3406 days ago) @ Morpheus

If things come back on in the next hour we'll still give it a shot tonight!

A bit behind schedule

by red robber @, Crawfish Country, Tuesday, February 17, 2015, 18:37 (3406 days ago) @ breitzen

I see I'm not seeing my friends list. Are we still waiting for issues with Live to be resolved? I just got home late from dinner and thought I had missed out.

Yeah. Live is having a ton of issues right now.

by breitzen @, Kansas, Tuesday, February 17, 2015, 18:49 (3406 days ago) @ red robber

You haven't missed out. I'll inivite you when services are restored!

A bit behind schedule

by bluerunner @, Music City, Tuesday, February 17, 2015, 20:44 (3406 days ago) @ red robber

If you don't get in I'll run it with you later this week.

Co-op Night (XB1 & 360 Edition) Tues@9 PM EST

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, February 18, 2015, 07:54 (3405 days ago) @ Kermit

I'm not very fond of those RNG-is-a-jerk threads* since, you know, R stands for RANDOM, but I am bothered by persistent issues we seem to be having with XBL not being very cooperative on co-op nights. We do pay for this service, Microsoft! Grrrrrrr. Let's hope things improve soon.

Regardless, I ended up having a great co-op night playing with bluerunner. (Thanks for all the revives, blue. I don't why I kept acting like all those sword knights wouldn't kill me.)

My LUCK on drops wasn't bad either. I got the Conduit, which I think is one of the better pulse rifles. We did the daily with my Awoken warlock's darling wife, who is a human hunter, and I don't know if it was because she was a bit under-leveled or what, but she got Dragon's Breath! She also got some legendary titan guantlets, which will come in handy when her (just-born) adopted Exo daughter reaches 20. Oh, she also finally got her own personal Murmur, which wasn't luck at all, but was nice.

On top of that, my insomnia and late-night messaging paid off with an Iron Banner game with some cool folks, which was a total blast.

All things considered, I had a lot of fun.

Kermit

*I reserve the right to bitch about that loathsome RNG at some point in the future because everyone needs to vent now and then.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread