reclaim lost Co-op night (Recruitment)

by Warbow, Wednesday, February 04, 2015, 09:12 (3419 days ago)

It took me two hours to get Destiny started last night. As a result I missed out on completing the Nightfall.

I turned on my Xbox One at 8:30, the login to Live was really slow. When I put the Destiny disk in it would never get off the very first Destiny screen. I pulled the power cord on the One and tried again. Live login was fine, but it took about 5 minutes just to get the press A to play screen. After pressing A and being told I need to be connected to Live to play. I did another power brick reset.

After this reset, logged into Live and joined Kermit. I was still getting the must be connected to Live to play message. This is while I'm talking to people in the party app. Finally Destiny connects to the Bungie servers and promptly gives me the 76Mb update to download. I drop out of the party because I know this is going to take awhile.

After having the 76Mb update fail 3 times. I finally decided to turn my phone into a hot-spot and try the download through my phone. This works the very first time but by this time it is 10:30pm and everyone is done.

Long story short, anybody want to do the Nightfall with me?

http://destiny.bungie.org/ftb/189

reclaim lost Co-op night

by JComboBox, Wednesday, February 04, 2015, 09:28 (3419 days ago) @ Warbow

I can't make 5pm PST, but I'll be on around 7pm PST (stupid work gets in the way) and I'd be willing to run Nightfall, Heroic, whatever you want.
GT: JComboBox

reclaim lost Co-op night

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, February 04, 2015, 09:29 (3419 days ago) @ Warbow

It took me two hours to get Destiny started last night. As a result I missed out on completing the Nightfall.

I turned on my Xbox One at 8:30, the login to Live was really slow. When I put the Destiny disk in it would never get off the very first Destiny screen. I pulled the power cord on the One and tried again. Live login was fine, but it took about 5 minutes just to get the press A to play screen. After pressing A and being told I need to be connected to Live to play. I did another power brick reset.

After this reset, logged into Live and joined Kermit. I was still getting the must be connected to Live to play message. This is while I'm talking to people in the party app. Finally Destiny connects to the Bungie servers and promptly gives me the 76Mb update to download. I drop out of the party because I know this is going to take awhile.

After having the 76Mb update fail 3 times. I finally decided to turn my phone into a hot-spot and try the download through my phone. This works the very first time but by this time it is 10:30pm and everyone is done.

Long story short, anybody want to do the Nightfall with me?

http://destiny.bungie.org/ftb/189

Sorry that happened, friend. You can restart your Xbox by going to Settings > Power & Startup. Might work better than pulling the power cord.

I would help but I've got another commitment at 8:30, and I'm not 100% sure we can get it done by then. I'd hate to leave you high and dry.

Even better reset method: "Hard reset"

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Wednesday, February 04, 2015, 09:35 (3419 days ago) @ Kermit

You can restart your Xbox by going to Settings > Power & Startup. Might work better than pulling the power cord.

The best way to try and clear up any funny business on the Xbox One is to do a Hard Reset. To perform this, you go and hold the power button (the glowing white Xbox symbol on your console) for about 10-15 seconds. The system will stay on--keep holding the button--and when it finally shuts off, it will take another 5-10 seconds for it to fully power off before the power button works again. When it comes on, you should see the initial booting screen to confirm it worked.

Being in the preview program gives me lots of opportunities to do a Hard Reset when things don't quite work properly in the preview OS builds

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, February 04, 2015, 10:07 (3419 days ago) @ JDQuackers

You can restart your Xbox by going to Settings > Power & Startup. Might work better than pulling the power cord.

The best way to try and clear up any funny business on the Xbox One is to do a Hard Reset. To perform this, you go and hold the power button (the glowing white Xbox symbol on your console) for about 10-15 seconds. The system will stay on--keep holding the button--and when it finally shuts off, it will take another 5-10 seconds for it to fully power off before the power button works again. When it comes on, you should see the initial booting screen to confirm it worked.

Being in the preview program gives me lots of opportunities to do a Hard Reset when things don't quite work properly in the preview OS builds

I don't doubt that this is better, but is the initial booting screen you see different than the green screen you see when you restart how I describe?

I use it because my Xbox is normally set to instant on mode, which basically means the system goes to sleep when you cut it off.

No guarantee

by breitzen @, Kansas, Wednesday, February 04, 2015, 10:11 (3419 days ago) @ Kermit

I tried all these methods last night. Seems like there was an issue with the XBL servers not recognizing if you had Live at all. Such is the world of always online games. After playing some MCC I was able to get the download to finish and I didn't have any issues after that.

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Wednesday, February 04, 2015, 10:53 (3419 days ago) @ Kermit

I don't doubt that this is better, but is the initial booting screen you see different than the green screen you see when you restart how I describe?

The green screen is the same, but the difference is that a Hard Reset also clears the system cache, which tends to fix a lot of "stuck" settings or log-in issues.

I use it because my Xbox is normally set to instant on mode, which basically means the system goes to sleep when you cut it off.

Right, simply pressing the power button would suspend the system--and holding the button for 10-15 seconds does the full hard reset, which is a true power-off PLUS the cache clear.

Also Kermit, I've been thinking recently about the issues you've had with your headset(s). Have you ever updated your controller firmware?

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, February 04, 2015, 11:31 (3419 days ago) @ JDQuackers

Also Kermit, I've been thinking recently about the issues you've had with your headset(s). Have you ever updated your controller firmware?

Yes, both of them. I've said some unkind things about my A40s (and I do believe they can be finicky), but you may be onto something--I'm starting to wonder if the problem is software related. Recently I've tried two different headsets and neither worked. Last night I switched to Kinect for chat, and that worked ... until it didn't.

Later I joined another friend's party and he was using Kinect because his headset stopped working.

This has been the most infuriating aspect of the next-gen consoles for me.

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Wednesday, February 04, 2015, 11:56 (3419 days ago) @ Kermit

There is a new controller firmware in the pipeline--it's available to Preview program members--but should be coming in the next month for everyone. It doesn't have specific headset fixes, but it definitely has improved the connectivity of the controllers. It has halved the time it takes for the controller to connect/sync with the system, and it's possible that it might have other fixes as well. I just thought I'd mention it as a potential path to explore

Also, when you run the update do you leave your headset adapter plugged in? They recommend that you do.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, February 04, 2015, 13:01 (3419 days ago) @ JDQuackers

There is a new controller firmware in the pipeline--it's available to Preview program members--but should be coming in the next month for everyone. It doesn't have specific headset fixes, but it definitely has improved the connectivity of the controllers. It has halved the time it takes for the controller to connect/sync with the system, and it's possible that it might have other fixes as well. I just thought I'd mention it as a potential path to explore

Also, when you run the update do you leave your headset adapter plugged in? They recommend that you do.

I'm pretty sure that plugging in the adapter was what prompted me to update the software each time. (I have two controllers now.)

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Friday, February 06, 2015, 09:24 (3417 days ago) @ Kermit

I'm pretty sure that plugging in the adapter was what prompted me to update the software each time. (I have two controllers now.)

Speak of the devil... Looks like the February update should be live for everyone, so maybe you can give the new controller firmware a run and see if it makes your life any easier?

reclaim lost Co-op night

by ChrisTheeCrappy, Wednesday, February 04, 2015, 09:32 (3419 days ago) @ Warbow

If on I would run it again, have Toland's Journal on 2 characters and may be helping another friend through tonight as well.

reclaim lost Co-op night

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Wednesday, February 04, 2015, 18:21 (3419 days ago) @ Warbow

FYI: That "you must be connected to XBox Live to play Destiny" error was affecting everyone on XBone last night. It's likely that it just happened to start working around the time you tried the phone tether. 360 was fine the whole time, as were the PS platforms.

reclaim lost Co-op night

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Thursday, February 05, 2015, 01:36 (3418 days ago) @ Warbow

Good playing with you. Had a productive night. First Dragon's Breath from the Nightfall and then got Patience and Time and Hunger of Crota from the Raid. Raid did give me a couple armor I already own and I'm still trying to decide whether to shard them or not.

reclaim lost Co-op night

by Warbow, Thursday, February 05, 2015, 05:35 (3418 days ago) @ CougRon

Thank you for the help. I feel like I spent most of the Nightfall dead. I’ve got to realize that you can’t treat Nightfall like a ROC strike. Plus my Hunter doesn’t take damage well.

Thanks again for dragging my old carcass through the mission.

reclaim lost Co-op night

by JComboBox, Thursday, February 05, 2015, 09:29 (3418 days ago) @ Warbow

I feel like I spent most of the Nightfall dead.

Thanks again for dragging my old carcass through the mission.

That's the fun of the Nightfall! Everything just does a ton of damage when it's rainbow burn. Don't worry about it, your job as hunter is to do damage and get killed. My job as a Sunbro Warlock is to make sure we never wipe by holding a revive super the whole time :)

Did you keep that hand cannon you got?

reclaim lost Co-op night

by Warbow, Thursday, February 05, 2015, 14:52 (3418 days ago) @ JComboBox

I've still got it, but I'll probably never use it since I've got Thorn (un-upgraded) and TFWPKY 1969 (fully upgraded) hand cannons. It will just sit in the vault until I run out of space in the vault.

The Red Hand IX has kills grant bonus ammo to magazine and a kill with the final round increases reload speed.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread