Any XB1ers up for Nightfall tonight? (Recruitment)

by Anton P. Nym (aka Steve) ⌂ @, London, Ontario, Canada, Saturday, October 11, 2014, 09:01 (3547 days ago)

I tried doing the Weekly solo yesterday and got beat like a red-headed stepchild, so I reconsidered my approach... I also noted that I'm missing the "Strength of the Pack" achievement for doing a strike with a fireteam of clan-mates.

Any clanmates on Xbox One interested in joining me tonight at 7pm ET (4pm PT, 11pm GMT) for an hour or two to knock out the Nightfall strike? It ain't easy, and going in under-levelled will end up with a lot of one-shot deaths... but with all elemental and melee damage buffed a crew with a decent load-out and good teamwork should do okay. (Which means players should have mics, please.)

RSVP here if you're interested.

-- Steve can't promise victory, but he can promise a good effort at scoring that flame job.

Any XB1ers up for Nightfall tonight?

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Saturday, October 11, 2014, 09:07 (3547 days ago) @ Anton P. Nym (aka Steve)

If you can wait an hour I can help, I don't get home from work until ~8pm ET.

by Anton P. Nym (aka Steve) ⌂ @, London, Ontario, Canada, Saturday, October 11, 2014, 09:08 (3547 days ago) @ Xenos

Yeah, that'd be doable.

-- Steve's Sunday plans don't start 'til the afternoon anyway, so he can run a bit late if necessary.

I have beaten it Lone Wolf. Can help.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Saturday, October 11, 2014, 11:00 (3547 days ago) @ Anton P. Nym (aka Steve)

Make sure you have an Ice Beaker. If it wasn't for this MAGNIFICENT weapon I don't think I could have pulled it off as well as I did.

Oh - and A heavy rocket launcher. That too.

I'll be on on the late 8's EST. Maybe. Probably. We'll See.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Saturday, October 11, 2014, 11:05 (3547 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Make sure you have an Ice Beaker. If it wasn't for this MAGNIFICENT weapon I don't think I could have pulled it off as well as I did.

Oh - and A heavy rocket launcher. That too.

I'll be on on the late 8's EST. Maybe. Probably. We'll See.

Bah, I beat it solo before I had Icebreaker :) Just have to use the rock above the entrance.

ORLY?

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Saturday, October 11, 2014, 11:11 (3547 days ago) @ Xenos

So what did you use?

ORLY?

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Saturday, October 11, 2014, 11:13 (3547 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

So what did you use?

I believe at the time I was using my Praedyth's Revenge and Truth, not even fully upgraded.

ORLY?

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Saturday, October 11, 2014, 11:21 (3547 days ago) @ Xenos

So what did you use?

I believe at the time I was using my Praedyth's Revenge and Truth, not even fully upgraded.

So... a Sniper Rifle & a Rocket Launcher. Neat.

ORLY?

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Saturday, October 11, 2014, 11:22 (3547 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

So what did you use?

Haha, just pointing out you don't need Ice Breaker.

k.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Saturday, October 11, 2014, 11:34 (3547 days ago) @ Xenos

So what did you use?

Haha, just pointing out you don't need Ice Breaker.

Of course you don't NEED it. You don't NEED a weapon that that can cause the enemy to spontaneously combust - but it helps. :)

by Anton P. Nym (aka Steve) ⌂ @, London, Ontario, Canada, Saturday, October 11, 2014, 13:49 (3547 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Don't have Icebreaker and can't get it soon; somehow I managed to not earn any strange coins last week, so I'm down to 4 now and I don't think Xur sells on lay-away....

-- Steve does have Final Boss, though, which is a really good sniper rifle for a Legendary (particularly now that it's two upgrades away from maxing out), and a maxed Super Good Advice is positively terrifying.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Saturday, October 11, 2014, 14:17 (3547 days ago) @ Anton P. Nym (aka Steve)

Don't have Icebreaker and can't get it soon; somehow I managed to not earn any strange coins last week, so I'm down to 4 now and I don't think Xur sells on lay-away....

-- Steve does have Final Boss, though, which is a really good sniper rifle for a Legendary (particularly now that it's two upgrades away from maxing out), and a maxed Super Good Advice is positively terrifying.

That's fine. The Armor piercing rounds will come in handy. I think for this, a Fire-and-Forget (I.E - RUN) method would be better then a Spray-and-Prey since any damage you receive in this weeks Nightfall Strike is very unforgiving. All said I haven't seen how good your advice is; look forward to it.

Yup

by Laird, Saturday, October 11, 2014, 11:03 (3547 days ago) @ Anton P. Nym (aka Steve)

Should be done errands by then if you still need a body.

by nash, Saturday, October 11, 2014, 13:37 (3547 days ago) @ Anton P. Nym (aka Steve)

I would like to help but won't be able to get on until the kids are in bed (8 o'clock-ish central time).

I'm also hoping to run the level 28 weekly to get the last few coins I need so that I can go to the candy store and buy an icebreaker. =)

-nash
(GT: Naterator)

And done!

by Anton P. Nym (aka Steve) ⌂ @, London, Ontario, Canada, Saturday, October 11, 2014, 20:31 (3547 days ago) @ Anton P. Nym (aka Steve)

Thanks to Laird and INSANEdrive for enduring my pathetic incompetence with the Blink jump. :)

-- Steve's sporting a nice blue aura; now to learn how to do the Blade Dancer thing moar better.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread