I'm from 2103, ask me anything about Bungie's future (Destiny)

by Grimbrother XXXIX, Sunday, April 13, 2014, 13:39 (3849 days ago)

Hey everybody,

Newest GrimBrother here, and still a fan of Bungie. I've traveled back in time to answer your questions about the future of Bungie, HBO and DBO forum goers, Destiny, Phoenix, Pimps at Sea, Hawkeye, Gemini Storm, Marathon Infinity+1, and anything else you'd like to know.

Ask away.

P.S. Destiny turns out great
P.P.S Still waiting on Half Life 3

Almost ruined my keyboard

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Sunday, April 13, 2014, 15:48 (3849 days ago) @ Grimbrother XXXIX

What was the last post Vagueness replied with and how long after the replied post it was posted?

Almost ruined my keyboard

by Grimbrother XXXIX, Sunday, April 13, 2014, 16:11 (3849 days ago) @ ZackDark

What was the last post Vagueness replied with and how long after the replied post it was posted?

As far as I know, that was about 55 years ago, a week after the original post. He wanted to know if they could play 2 flag next time.

I'm from 2103, ask me anything about Bungie's future

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Sunday, April 13, 2014, 15:51 (3849 days ago) @ Grimbrother XXXIX
edited by INSANEdrive, Sunday, April 13, 2014, 15:55

Hey everybody,

Newest GrimBrother here, and still a fan of Bungie. I've traveled back in time to answer your questions about the future of Bungie, HBO and DBO forum goers, Destiny, Phoenix, Pimps at Sea, Hawkeye, Gemini Storm, Marathon Infinity+1, and anything else you'd like to know.

Ask away.

P.S. Destiny turns out great
P.P.S Still waiting on Half Life 3

So I guess that means we all die by 2104. Bummer.

You could start by regaling us with the story on how Step 7 went down. All the gritty details, and even pics of currently proposed Giant Slingshot would be nice too.

...hey wait a min...

How do we know you aren't a Vex in disguise?

by Grimbrother XXXIX, Sunday, April 13, 2014, 16:13 (3849 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

You could start by regaling us with the story on how Step 7 went down. All the gritty details, and even pics of currently proposed Giant Slingshot would be nice too.

Bungie was actually bought Valve, and with Jason Jones' death step 7 kind of fell through. Sorry to disappoint.

Yep...Vex. Called it.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Sunday, April 13, 2014, 16:22 (3849 days ago) @ Grimbrother XXXIX

- No text -

by SigbiasSilva @, West Midlands, England, Sunday, April 13, 2014, 15:52 (3849 days ago) @ Grimbrother XXXIX

Did anyone ever figure out how to put spinner rims on a boat?

Uhhh... Silva...

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Sunday, April 13, 2014, 16:02 (3849 days ago) @ SigbiasSilva

.>_>.

[image]

...magnificent.

by SigbiasSilva @, West Midlands, England, Sunday, April 13, 2014, 17:51 (3849 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

by Grimbrother XXXIX, Sunday, April 13, 2014, 16:14 (3849 days ago) @ SigbiasSilva

Nobody comes close to the ocean or open bodies of water anymore. The pollution is just so bad. No boats in the future.

Have they put Ling-Ling's head on a Vex body yet?

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Sunday, April 13, 2014, 17:43 (3849 days ago) @ Grimbrother XXXIX

- No text -

Have they put Ling-Ling's head on a Vex body yet?

by Grimbrother XXXIX, Sunday, April 13, 2014, 19:33 (3849 days ago) @ Grizzlei

They have! A wonderful taxidermist did the work, and Ling Ling now resides in the webmaster's office.

Could you use your time machine and bring back CGHub? ;_;

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Sunday, April 13, 2014, 18:37 (3849 days ago) @ Grimbrother XXXIX

- No text -

You mean bring "forward"

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Sunday, April 13, 2014, 23:12 (3849 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

My question is...

by GrimBrotherIII, Tuesday, April 15, 2014, 07:13 (3848 days ago) @ Grimbrother XXXIX

Which Grim forefather are you descended from? :)

My question is...

by Grimbrother XXXIX, Tuesday, April 15, 2014, 07:58 (3848 days ago) @ GrimBrotherIII

Which Grim forefather are you descended from? :)

Not entirely sure of the roman numeral designation, but my grandfather had a a hook for a hand, and a fondness for fine alpaca wool. That should answer your question. Unless that hasn't happened yet.

Curses,

by GrimBrother IV, Tuesday, April 15, 2014, 08:26 (3848 days ago) @ Grimbrother XXXIX

That could be any one of us!

Well, I certainly hope you and all you kin are making your Fourfathers proud. Tell me, thirty-nine, How many are we then?

Curses,

by Grimbrother XXXIX, Tuesday, April 15, 2014, 10:08 (3848 days ago) @ GrimBrother IV

That could be any one of us!

Well, I certainly hope you and all you kin are making your Fourfathers proud. Tell me, thirty-nine, How many are we then?

Exactly 77, but LXII's wife is pregnant, so if it's a boy we are all going to be a little pissed.

The Hook Hand doesn't narrow it down, but...

by GrimBrotherIII, Tuesday, April 15, 2014, 10:17 (3848 days ago) @ GrimBrother IV

Tell me this; Are We strong in the future? Did it ever get so bad that our Freedom Fighter rebellion had to take shape? Have we successfully overthrow the Bilderberg Group in thwarting the UN Globalist agenda and reestablish true Statehood Independence for all nations? What about the FPBICA? (The Free Peanut Butter Ice Cream Act, of course) Did that movement ever get legs?

by Grimbrother XXXIX, Tuesday, April 15, 2014, 18:37 (3847 days ago) @ GrimBrotherIII

Tell me this; Are We strong in the future? Did it ever get so bad that our Freedom Fighter rebellion had to take shape? Have we successfully overthrow the Bilderberg Group in thwarting the UN Globalist agenda and reestablish true Statehood Independence for all nations? What about the FPBICA? (The Free Peanut Butter Ice Cream Act, of course) Did that movement ever get legs?

Sadly nobody gets free peanut butter ice cream, but everybody now gets free medical care, free solar power, free higher education, free wireless internet everywhere, and a free throwback retro nintendo gamecube when you buy the new Nintendo Tesseract.

There was a second American civil war, which was pretty deadly, but paved the way for an overthrow of the previous effective oligarchy that ran the United States, leading to all the free stuff we now enjoy. The constitution was amended pretty heavily, and there are now 56 amendments to memorize in civics. A bunch of Grizzled ancient Bungie fans died during that war, including Randal Glass, Leviathan, and Bungie's #1 fan Mr. Chavez.

Anyone else thinking what I'm thinking?

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Tuesday, April 15, 2014, 19:48 (3847 days ago) @ Grimbrother XXXIX

I'm kinda aching to start brainstorming a machinima series filmed in Destiny chronicling the past, present, and future of Clan Easterling. Y'all are too funny and cute.

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Tuesday, April 15, 2014, 20:08 (3847 days ago) @ Grimbrother XXXIX

The constitution was amended pretty heavily, and there are now 56 amendments to memorize in civics.

This is no joking matter. We have 72 amendments over here, as well as several original articles. Thankfully, we don't technically have to memorize any single one.

That probably explains a lot about how law is practiced over here...

This is my favorite post on the Citad- er, in the Last City.

by GrimBrother One, Tuesday, April 15, 2014, 17:22 (3847 days ago) @ Grimbrother XXXIX

Maybe ever.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, April 15, 2014, 18:51 (3847 days ago) @ Grimbrother XXXIX
edited by Cody Miller, Tuesday, April 15, 2014, 18:54

1. Are my views on gaming and game design finally vindicated?

2. Just how old does Wu get?

3. Are there any easter eggs in any of the Halo games we haven't seen yet?

4. Who are John Snow's parents?

by Grimbrother XXXIX, Tuesday, April 15, 2014, 19:00 (3847 days ago) @ Cody Miller

George R. R. Martin died before he could finish the saga. It was finished by writers at HBO. So I could tell you, but I don't think it would be canon :-p

by uberfoop @, Seattle-ish, Tuesday, April 15, 2014, 20:14 (3847 days ago) @ Cody Miller

1. Are my views on gaming and game design finally vindicated?

No, and resultently your views are thrown into Video Game Prison.

2. Just how old does Wu get?

Wu never gets old.

3. Are there any easter eggs in any of the Halo games we haven't seen yet?

There are Halo games you haven't seen yet that will have easter eggs.

Which John Snow?

Has step 7 been completed yet?

by Mr Daax ⌂ @, aka: SSG Daax, Tuesday, April 15, 2014, 22:48 (3847 days ago) @ Grimbrother XXXIX

- No text -

Faker

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, April 16, 2014, 00:39 (3847 days ago) @ Grimbrother XXXIX

Marty gets fired, and you didn't think to mention that when you posted the day before?!

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread