Jason Jones has a new studio (Destiny)
I'll need to see how this plays out I guess, but I'm not able to identify anything disruptive or novel in the initial offering: it's a short comic series which, if successful, may be adapted in different media? Not only does that sound like "starting in one medium and adapting outward"
In theory I understand. Different media have different strengths, so if you as an artist have an idea, you've often got to ask "How do I best express this idea?".
It could be a movie, a book, a song, whatever. But a given idea will always have a medium best suited for it. Being limited to one (video game) means you are limited in your ideas.
Call me when you get to TV or movies Jason!
Don't we already have an example of their mission statement with Halo which launched with a game and a book simultaneously, with the story and IP being developed in both formats for years before branching off to webisodes, comic books, and ARGs? I'm definitely missing something.
Yeah. You forgot the Halo TV show!
Complete thread:
- Jason Jones has a new studio -
Avateur,
2026-10-01, 08:42
- Jason Jones has a new studio -
Claude Errera,
2026-10-01, 09:51
- Jason Jones has a new studio -
Schooly D,
2026-10-01, 10:19
- Jason Jones has a new studio - Cody Miller, 2026-10-01, 10:24
- Jason Jones has a new studio - Kermit, 2026-10-01, 11:20
- Jason Jones has a new studio -
Schooly D,
2026-10-01, 10:19
- Jason Jones has a new studio - ManKitten, 2026-10-01, 11:26
- Jason Jones has a new studio -
Claude Errera,
2026-10-01, 09:51