MCC TONITE: Friday, Sep 6, 9PM EDT (Off-Topic)

by Schooly D, TSD Gaming Condo, TX, Monday, September 02, 2024, 06:46 (55 days ago)

[image]

Last time was so much fun we're running it back!

After many years the Master Chief Collection is mostly playable and a consistently enjoyable experience. Halo 1, Halo 2, Halo 2 Anniversary, Halo 3, ODST, all at your fingertips! And with Halo Infinite finally completely officially dead it's your last, best way to play Halo online.

MCC Tonite is a world-recognized consortium of Halo enthusiasts who gather the first Friday of each month to play, you guessed it, the MCC. And we want you! Join us this Friday, Sept 6 at 9PM Eastern to play some MCC! We'll be running matchmaking when we have 8 people or fewer and custom games if we get 9+. Halo 4 will not be played and if you mention it you will be unceremoniously sacked.

If you're interested:

• RSVP by replying to this thread.
  • Download the MCC ahead of time and make sure you're current with all the patches and updates and whatever.
  • Send me a friend request, GT: Schooly D
  • Be online at the appropriate time.

See y'all there!

MCC TONITE: Friday, Sep 6, 9PM EDT

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, September 02, 2024, 10:21 (55 days ago) @ Schooly D

Halo 4 will not be played and if you mention it you will be unceremoniously sacked.

Ok hear me out. Play Halo 5 instead!

I refuse to participate unless Spartan Strike is played.

by Coaxkez, Monday, September 02, 2024, 11:20 (55 days ago) @ Cody Miller

/s

by Avateur @, Tuesday, September 03, 2024, 11:15 (54 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Halo 4 will not be played and if you mention it you will be unceremoniously sacked.

Did you mean Reach? That’s in MCC. Schooly didn’t mention it. Calling it Halo 5 seems weird, though. It may not be canon.net, but it still has a proper name.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, September 03, 2024, 11:33 (54 days ago) @ Avateur

Did you mean Reach? That’s in MCC. Schooly didn’t mention it. Calling it Halo 5 seems weird, though. It may not be canon.net, but it still has a proper name.

Halo Reach is Canon now, didn’t you hear?

https://destiny.bungie.org/forum/index.php?id=182112

by Avateur @, Tuesday, September 03, 2024, 11:42 (54 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Does that mean you’re going to play Reach in MCC this Friday?

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, September 03, 2024, 11:57 (54 days ago) @ Avateur

Does that mean you’re going to play Reach in MCC this Friday?

Still waiting on that TSD subsidized Xbox or gaming PC.

by Schooly D, TSD Gaming Condo, TX, Tuesday, September 03, 2024, 11:49 (54 days ago) @ Avateur

Did you mean Reach? That’s in MCC. Schooly didn’t mention it.

That's my mistake, I forgot to include Reach in the list of allowable titles. I can't remember the last time I've committed a blunder of this magnitude.

by Avateur @, Tuesday, September 03, 2024, 12:56 (53 days ago) @ Schooly D

That's my mistake, I forgot to include Reach in the list of allowable titles. I can't remember the last time I've committed a blunder of this magnitude.

Is TSD going to send Cody an Xbox so that he can play canon?

by Schooly D, TSD Gaming Condo, TX, Tuesday, September 03, 2024, 13:26 (53 days ago) @ Avateur

Is TSD going to send Cody an Xbox so that he can play canon?

We asked our CFO if we had room in the budget for this and he just responded "so much red... blood red... red... blood... God help us..." So I'm gonna check back next quarter.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, September 02, 2024, 13:43 (54 days ago) @ Schooly D

The good news is that the graphical issues in Reach seem to have resolved. The bad news is that I'll be in Detroit this Friday. Next time!

by Yapok @, Monday, September 02, 2024, 21:35 (54 days ago) @ Schooly D

Id like to attend. My halo skills, pittance that they were, have rusted over but should be fun and nostalgic!

Sure, That'll Be Fun. I'm In!

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Tuesday, September 03, 2024, 10:29 (54 days ago) @ Schooly D

- No text -

Mark me tentative

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Tuesday, September 03, 2024, 16:35 (53 days ago) @ Schooly D

- No text -

TSD DOES IT AGAIN

by Schooly D, TSD Gaming Condo, TX, Friday, September 06, 2024, 21:22 (50 days ago) @ Schooly D

Great games tonight! I had a ton of fun even though my bank account is already overdrawn from all the bounties I had to pay out. We ran BTB matchmaking for most of the night, donging on noobs and being donged on ourselves, especially against one character who had sniper skills that were... "inspired" let's say.

It's a great irony that the MCC, which literally did not work for several years post-launch, will probably end up being the last Halo game to be played regularly online.

Join us Friday October 4 at 9PM Eastern, for the next installment of MCC TONITE! We may mix it up a bit, maybe some custom games, maybe splitting into groups for firefight, who knows.

THE PLAYERS
Infinite Se7en
Morpheus
NartFOpc
restamolah, yes, that retsamolah
Schooly D
SNIPE 316
Yapok
Znite/Avateur

TSD DOES IT AGAIN

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Saturday, September 07, 2024, 07:00 (50 days ago) @ Schooly D

Skill is one thing. Not ever running out of ammo, spawning with the sniper, and teleporting cross map from Blue rocks to Red Base without a vehicle is called using mods.

I may not be an expert at Halo 2, but I KNOW when someone is good. I play(ed) with Office Hyena regularly (before his Xbox broke); he's the absolute best Halo 2 player of all time; and even he misses occasionally. (not to mention, three or four of the clips in that video were literally based around picking up ammo.) PineSauce missed. Rarely, but he missed. Kicking missed. Cords, Veradime, Havel. But this JwC guy—not a single body shot, not a single missed shot, and infinite ammo. And I just looked him up—700 gamerscore, zero friends, 21 followers. That just REEKS of a throwaway account.

If last night's games were on some place small like Lockout or Sanctuary, I wouldn't have even questioned it, and this post wouldn't exist. But Coagulation? Burial Mounds? ESPECIALLY when Snipe had the other sniper as well?

This is pretty much dead to rights. This morning, I loaded up Coag on normal Slayer and ran a stopwatch to time exactly how long it takes for the sniper to spawn after being picked up. Unfortunately the results were inconclusive. I tried to go into BtB matchmaking to add BtB Slayer into my recent files to save, but no match. It's the weekend, so obviously nobody's going to be playing video games. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

So yeah, I may be a sourpuss, but I still know the difference between a pro and a con.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread