Excision | THE END. ...? (Destiny)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Saturday, June 08, 2024, 17:09 (18 days ago)

[image]

[image]

[image]

For the briefest moment, I cried. A moment where the heart let forth a yelp of emotion only to be buried by the moment, not sad. No tears, but the odd contortions of a face that knew not the emotions being sent to it, left in a default response... a moment, cried out. Why did I cry?

As I saw it all, finally... finally give a moment to recess, release... give pause. A decade of folding where this game, this game which never wanted to end and in each of its endings which never ended... ended. The book actually closed. Why did I gasp?

I'm free. I'm done. I know I know... they're only getting started, but... I've got my own Destiny to write. Or die trying... that's how it works, right?

Excision | THE END. ...?

by Robot Chickens, Sunday, June 09, 2024, 09:33 (17 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

This may be you at your most brief (poignant?), and it sums up a lot of my feelings too.

Excision | THE END. ...?

by Coaxkez, Monday, June 10, 2024, 12:36 (16 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

It really looks like they stuck the landing here.

Good on them. I don't think I will be diving back in to experience it for myself. It's been so many years now, and frankly I've moved on.

But good on them. Seriously. This makes me smile.

Excision | THE END. ...?

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Friday, June 14, 2024, 06:09 (12 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

I think I might have done some missions out of order because I was confused by some of my allies in the final fight, but ah well. That final battle was really fun.

So is our guardian the only guardian left with a ghost?
And is our ghost, really just named "Ghost"?

Excision | THE END. ...?

by Claude Errera @, Friday, June 14, 2024, 11:00 (12 days ago) @ ManKitten

Ikora still has one, doesn't she?

Excision | THE END. ...?

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Friday, June 14, 2024, 12:28 (12 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I have no idea. I've always been confused with the explanation of 'Guardians' and us as "THE Guardian". The final death blow to Witness was the ghosts channeling light, which is what I assumed caused the death of our ghost...as well as all other ghosts that were a part of that fight? Or, because of story telling devices, only OUR ghost died, thus Cayde pulling the hero card.

Excision | THE END. ...?

by Robot Chickens, Friday, June 14, 2024, 17:42 (12 days ago) @ ManKitten

I have no idea. I've always been confused with the explanation of 'Guardians' and us as "THE Guardian". The final death blow to Witness was the ghosts channeling light, which is what I assumed caused the death of our ghost...as well as all other ghosts that were a part of that fight? Or, because of story telling devices, only OUR ghost died, thus Cayde pulling the hero card.

Yeah, there’s only one canonical guardian which we all play. It is only our ghost that gives up the ghost in that scene. It was just our ghost that got cracked up before that too. So, all the other ghosts are fine and Cayde only thinks that I’m his favorite.

Excision | THE END. ...?

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, June 17, 2024, 07:12 (9 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

Yeah, there’s only one canonical guardian which we all play. It is only our ghost that gives up the ghost in that scene. It was just our ghost that got cracked up before that too. So, all the other ghosts are fine and Cayde only thinks that I’m his favorite.

[shakes his head disapprovingly] I'm his favorite.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread