Confronting Oblivion (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, May 23, 2024, 15:11 (24 days ago)

They left the slates in! Who's cutting this haha

Confronting Oblivion

by Coaxkez, Friday, May 24, 2024, 06:49 (23 days ago) @ Cody Miller

It's a psychological way to give it that "behind-the-curtain" feeling. You know, "Look at how much we're opening up to our fans." As an editor, you already know this and are just being performative. 😛

Confronting Oblivion

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Friday, May 24, 2024, 08:23 (23 days ago) @ Coaxkez

It's a psychological way to give it that "behind-the-curtain" feeling. You know, "Look at how much we're opening up to our fans." As an editor, you already know this and are just being performative. 😛

It's the most annoying trend in tv right now. As the show starts, hearing the production crew calling out marks and stuff "Alright folks, let's get going, cue lights...3, 2, 1...."

But back on topic of this video, I thought there were some interesting notes. Going off memory here and I've slept since I watched it, but the artist explaining a surreal moment as something ordinary made unordinary (or something like that) and making all the trees become hands. It's a thought process I've never really taken the time to consider.

Confronting Oblivion

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, May 24, 2024, 09:26 (23 days ago) @ ManKitten

and making all the trees become hands.

Death Stranding did this 5 years ago.

[image]

Confronting Oblivion

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Friday, May 24, 2024, 09:50 (23 days ago) @ Cody Miller

[image]

I took away the process, not the example. Never played Death Stranding though. Is it some Indy cult classic or something?

Confronting Oblivion

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, May 24, 2024, 11:14 (23 days ago) @ ManKitten

[image]

I took away the process, not the example. Never played Death Stranding though. Is it some Indy cult classic or something?

Dunno if it’s a cult classic (It’s just a regular classic I think), but it was made by an indie studio!

Confronting Oblivion

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Sunday, May 26, 2024, 12:00 (21 days ago) @ Cody Miller

[image]

Imagine if Dali had not had Death Stranding as an inspiration. ;-)

Confronting Oblivion

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Sunday, May 26, 2024, 12:27 (21 days ago) @ Kermit

[image]

Imagine if Dali had not had Death Stranding as an inspiration. ;-)

Ok, but he clearly took inspiration from the cave paintings of seven thousand years ago where people used handprints as the leaf canopy.

Shaping the Magic

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, May 24, 2024, 12:03 (23 days ago) @ Cody Miller

No slates in this one!

PS - That gun that damages enemies but heals allies will be broken as fuck in PvP.

Launch trailer

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, May 28, 2024, 10:21 (19 days ago) @ Cody Miller

It’s happening.

Launch trailer

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Wednesday, May 29, 2024, 07:23 (18 days ago) @ Cody Miller

It’s happening.

You going to come back for the finale?

Launch trailer

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, May 29, 2024, 07:42 (18 days ago) @ ManKitten
edited by Cody Miller, Wednesday, May 29, 2024, 07:51

It’s happening.

Just as an outside observer. I'm not picking up this shitfest of stores, currencies, passes, and microtransactions ever again. The game is completely unrecognizable from when I left five and a half years ago.

Launch trailer

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, May 29, 2024, 12:35 (18 days ago) @ Cody Miller

It’s happening.

Just as an outside observer. I'm not picking up this shitfest of stores, currencies, passes, and microtransactions ever again. The game is completely unrecognizable from when I left five and a half years ago.

True enough, but it should be said, in good ways, too.

Reckless Speculation *SP*?

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Thursday, May 30, 2024, 06:46 (17 days ago) @ Cody Miller

It's time to throw away all journalistic credibility; it's a segment we like to call reckless speculation.

*You're good*

At about the 1:10 of the video it shows the veiled figure. When watching the Byf breakdown video, he guessed that it was the Winnower. But the whole story was of the Gardener and the Winnower. The Gardener would plant things and create life, the Winnower would come through and remove the weeds and shape the garden to perfection. Gardener-Traveler, Winnower-Witness. So it would make since that the veiled figure is the Gardener/Traveler. We've seen the statue of the figure from the very beginning of Destiny. They are all up in the pyramid ships and made Eris' stress ball glow.

The veiled figure is the Gardener. The Traveler is just a realm in which the Gardener exists.

What say you all?

Loss

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, May 29, 2024, 07:44 (18 days ago) @ Cody Miller
edited by Cody Miller, Wednesday, May 29, 2024, 07:50

https://www.ign.com/articles/destiny-2-the-final-shape-first-hands-on-impressions

How do you deal with loss? How do you deal with the complex emotions of losing someone or something you love?

They brought back Cayde… This is the entire reason Aerith stayed dead. How exactly do you explore this when you can bring people or things back from the dead with a literal wish? This is a genuine question - how is this being tackled thus far?

The story is much better than Lightfall in terms of composition, but pacing in terms of gameplay feels… off. It also doesn’t even attempt to tie together any of the lingering story threads that are still there years later.

Who would have thought. Ten year plan guys.

Loss

by Coaxkez, Wednesday, May 29, 2024, 19:28 (18 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I kind of suspect the wish doesn’t last forever. But who knows.

Also, I dumped this game after Shadowkeep, but I’m certainly not rooting for it to fail.

Loss

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, May 30, 2024, 10:49 (17 days ago) @ Coaxkez

I kind of suspect the wish doesn’t last forever. But who knows.

Hmmmm. I've always liked stories where people get exactly what they wish for… but it turns out poorly. Not through some trick or wordplay, but through them not thinking through the consequences of the wish.

That's the entire premise of the Ahamkara

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, May 31, 2024, 04:19 (16 days ago) @ Cody Miller

But this time it did sound like Riven was being honestly good-willing

Anyone manage to play?

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, May 30, 2024, 08:43 (17 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Hate this for Bungie.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, May 30, 2024, 09:00 (17 days ago) @ Cody Miller

WTF, Sony?

I've perused the leaks so you don't have to... (NO SPOILERS)

by Coaxkez, Thursday, May 30, 2024, 09:15 (17 days ago) @ Kermit
edited by Coaxkez, Thursday, May 30, 2024, 09:19

Nothing really got leaked except for gear and light info. There are some very minor story spoilers out there, but nothing huge. No one got to actually see the story missions or the raid.

Coulda been a lot worse. Still sucks for Bungie, though.

To clarify, since Tassi mentions people getting to access the campaign early: Nah. That's inaccurate. They got to play the first mission. Part of the first mission. The actual DLC campaign was inaccessible. Sony nuked the servers before anyone could get through much of anything in any case.

This is honestly today's bigger leak.

by Coaxkez, Thursday, May 30, 2024, 11:20 (17 days ago) @ Coaxkez
edited by Coaxkez, Thursday, May 30, 2024, 11:26

What the fuck DMG liking on Twitter bro? 💀

[image]

(It's real.)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, May 30, 2024, 12:09 (17 days ago) @ Coaxkez

[image]

(It's real.)

It's pride month. Let the guy like the post.

by Coaxkez, Thursday, May 30, 2024, 12:24 (17 days ago) @ Cody Miller
edited by Coaxkez, Thursday, May 30, 2024, 12:27

Heyyyyy, no judgment from me. This is just Dean Norris "Sex gifs" tweet energy.

[image]

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Thursday, May 30, 2024, 15:30 (17 days ago) @ Cody Miller

[image]

(It's real.)

It's pride month. Let the guy like the post.

A rare moment where I agree with you. This is the way.

(In general, regardless of month)

by Joe Duplessie (SNIPE 316) ⌂ @, Detroit, Friday, May 31, 2024, 04:42 (16 days ago) @ Coaxkez

[image]

(It's real.)

Ah, a fellow man of culture.

A Quick* Summary of the story for those wanting to catch up

by Robot Chickens, Friday, May 31, 2024, 23:50 (15 days ago) @ Cody Miller

*quick is a relative term. Think of it as an hour for every year of destiny.

A Quick* Summary of the story for those wanting to catch up

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Saturday, June 01, 2024, 08:32 (15 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

*quick is a relative term. Think of it as an hour for every year of destiny.

It's the kind of video 2x speed was made for.

Wow!

by breitzen @, Kansas, Monday, June 03, 2024, 10:39 (13 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Looks like I missed out on a lot of good story content last year. Kinda makes me wanna bite to bullet on The Final Shape.

I’ve always been impressed with Byf’s ability to turn Destiny’s scattered lore into compelling narratives.

Will probably wait to hear initial reviews, but I might be back into D2 for its final(?) expansion.

Wow!

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, June 03, 2024, 13:45 (13 days ago) @ breitzen

Will probably wait to hear initial reviews, but I might be back into D2 for its final(?) expansion.

I'd love to see everyone come back, enjoy it, and send the game off while we all get together again.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread