When it's not like the trailer (Gaming)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Sunday, August 13, 2023, 08:44 (260 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I wonder if anyone can cut a Destiny trailer that makes it seem like there's an emotional, coherent overarching story?

I could do it, in small batches here and there. Focus on a character or some moment of epic. Kind of like what Bethesda has done with... I don't know their names, but I'll call 'em "The Three" with those Impeccably Delicious renderings of Elder Scrolls by Blur Studios. The MMO for Star Wars too, in fact. I mean, shoot, at this point end to end both these collective trailers are but a small movie. Its good stuff, with moments of emotional, coherent overarching story. (And some of it is... well, just cool.)

As many a character in the Destiny universe is some number of eon, it leaves a lot of room for a progress of lessons learned. Saladin comes to mind as I write this. But overall? As in...the whole decade of Destiny from hill to forthcoming mega-weeb raid? Naaaa... ... ... maybe? It would be probably enough work that I'd want to get paid for it, anyway. Something that both counteracts "When it's not like the trailer" (as much as possible) as well as presents the emotional, coherent overarching story buried under the riddles and bureaucracy of major game production is no small thing, me thinks. That's not to even mention the question of presentation, which would have to be some sort of well edited clip show by fan standards, at least.

So... anyway, TL;DR the answer is yes, but... eh. I've already got a day job buckaroo. ;D

Also using this moment on the off chance anyone from Bungie knows about this place anymore... WHERE IS THE FANCY CGI TRAILER FOR WARLOCKS! COM'ON!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread