Maybe Bungie can learn from this? (Destiny)

by EffortlessFury @, Tuesday, August 08, 2023, 04:26 (265 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I’m not sure Diablo 4 is a game anyone should be looking to as an example of how to do anything correctly, and definitely not in the way this article talks about. Would you really want to play more Destiny if it took away all your gear and upgrades and made you start from zero every three months?

I wish they’d learn from something like Baldur’s Gate 3 instead (based on what I’ve seen about it so far).

There's a difference between the items being taken from you and the character being moved out of the seasonal designation and into a standard save. Additionally, if the seasonal grind was designed around being restarted every season, it might not be so annoying. Additionally, if you fall off before the season is over, at least you can continue in non-seasonal capacity when you return.

I still prefer Diablo 3's model (similar to this one) than to the one Destiny 2 had for years. The content you were already playing had its light level requirement increased and returning to the game meant you couldn't play that content anymore, period, until you did your grind. Diablo doesn't do that.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread