It’s over half an hour long! (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, June 21, 2023, 00:47 (313 days ago) @ kidtsunami

There’s no reason this topic couldn’t have been condensed into a shorter frame of time.

Ten minutes max.

And it could be a 2 minute read at that.

Literally any video of any length could be summarized in a two minute read. Asking for a list of bullet points misses any context or nuance for the why and the when and any details therein.

Bungie’s Microtransaction journey has been a devious and patient one, slowly weeding itself into the game and players’ psyche ever since it was first introduced, with some changes barely digging in this season.

You can listen to the first 50 seconds and then hear “Bungie crossed every single one of these lines”. And there you go. Under a minute.
IMO that’s such an uninformed way to accept or reject any stance. The journey is the thing.

You don’t have to sit and stare at the screen while the points are being made, so I dunno. Media literacy is the talk of gaming Twitter this week, and man, I see folks that just make me sad.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread