Bravo! (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, April 27, 2023, 04:58 (368 days ago) @ Malagate

The second there are rewards tied to the mode (but not tied to winning, doing well, or even participating in good faith), all hope of it actually providing a good experience went out the window. This is true of everything in Destiny, in general. It’s the reason we saw the emblem matching thing in Trials, and loss farming in Iron Banner. It’s a fundamental problem with Destiny.

I don't entirely disagree here, but I want to understand your reasoning a bit better.

It’s just how Destiny is built. I don’t know that there’s actually a fix for it without just changing the type of game Destiny is. But when you have people playing 3 Gambit matches for their Pinnacle and for no other reason, those people don’t give a shit if they win or lose. Hell, I’ve done it! Or people playing to farm weapons or whatever. Winning doesn’t matter, and intentionally losing is faster than fighting the other team. Destiny is a game built around pushing people to play activities they might not actually want to play, which leads to some of those people not playing in good faith.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread