Just like it was yesterday... because it basically was! (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, October 26, 2022, 08:32 (547 days ago) @ Cody Miller
edited by Ragashingo, Wednesday, October 26, 2022, 08:36

It's been a surprisingly good couple of months for Destiny and me.
- Sure, the pirate season story wasn't the end all, be all of videogame storytelling, but I enjoyed it for what it was, enjoyed the characters and family squabble and larger points of what it means to turn from a dark past and work towards a brighter future.

But more than that, Destiny has always been about playing with like-minded players. And I got to do that in a greater quantity than any time in recent memory.

- While far away on a lengthy work trip I bought an Xbox controller and was able to convince my work laptop to play Destiny. This lead to me answering a random call for aid from Kermit and to me getting to play the newest Raid which I had kinda resigned myself to never playing. You know what? Raiding with friends and new faces, all of whom came with good attitudes, was a ton of fun!

- A few weeks later I got the wonderful pleasure and equally wonderful pain of a six straight hour Raid session with Claude and other DBOers. I haven't done one of those since... the Last Wish raid, I guess. There's a joy that comes with playing with friendly voices and working out strategy and listening to "here's how this section works" long winded explanations and trying and failing and failing and failing and failing and a couple of "one more time"s and succeeding well past midnight when just about everyone, myself included, was about ready to keel over.

- Helped a team finish off an Oryx checkpoint a few nights ago. Again, friendly voices, much joking and laughter. A few silly fails. A great time.

Destiny The Game is a solid entertainment platform. Destiny with friends still makes making great memories effortless. So, yeah... I remember when it ruled. It was last weekend! :)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread