Lotta dirt. Some gold. (Destiny)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, September 08, 2022, 11:52 (780 days ago) @ Kermit

Hey man, I appreciate your efforts. Your writing style is unique, let us say, and not always what I'm able to attend to near bedtime. Not a criticism, just a reading, sir.

... [image]

I'll say again, I appreciate your efforts and your continued interest in the game and participation on this forum. I've used your top post numerous times over the past few weeks as I've gotten into back into the game. Hope we get to play together soon.

Glad it's been helpful. ^_^

My interest in Destiny now is primarily social. I've been hoarding lore from the get-go hoping the endgame makes all the missteps okay because it adds up to an ambitious accomplishment of narrative, but I'm not betting the bank on that. The game is fun and beautiful and scratches an itch, but itch-scratching time is limited. All time is limited. Space is limited. I have enough Destiny shirts. Finally.

Heh. Yeah, I sure hope the lore holds up. It's been pretty good, quite good at some points, but... well per your edit, you'll see. And hey! You finally became legend as far as the game is concerned! Somehow you found your self with enough Destiny shirts. ;D

Quite the Achievement!

I care about many people here. So I'm here. I cherish the memory of events and meetups, online and off, I grieve the fact that the same divisive poison infecting much of our culture has trickled into what I used to think of as a sanctuary for fans of good faith. A voice in my head says, "Forget it, Jake. It's Chinatown." I can't take the advice. I'm in a relationship, and it's complicated. This virtual place is better than most.

I blame entropy.

You are one of those fans of good faith, and if I don't respond to your posts, it doesn't mean I'm ungrateful. Just busy. [Looks at watch.]

Yeah yeah, and despite the reasons, it all still kinda sucks. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Do with the time ya have.

EDIT: wrote this then did stuff, came back, posted, and now I see an INSANE RANT™. Will read, when awake.

Oh. My apologies. lol.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread