Initial Reactions to Season of the Haunted: Mild Spoilers (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, May 24, 2022, 18:22 (674 days ago) @ Malagate

I can appreciate this, but it's never really bothered me outside of IB, Raids, and sometimes the Invasion dichotomy in Gambit. I can't say that I think it's necessary, but I realize it makes much of the ingame economy work, and if every possible combination of our gear would always result in the same power (ie, efficacy against enemies), then why would anyone ever be moved to use any other combination of weapons or gear? People would get bored with a flat meta, wouldn't they? If my gear from last season is just as effective as this season, with no impetus to go after the new and different things, then my own game experience stagnates, doesn't it?

If your gear from last season is just as effective this season, then it means the new activities aren't different enough to provide a novel experience yeah? They should just design the new stuff to have a diverse set of challenges, for which your old gear is not optimal.

The key to motivating people to get new gear should be that the new activities are easiest with the new gear because they require a different approach than last season. And, as a bonus you get cool new stuff to play.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread