Void 2.0, Void 3.0, and Game Design Philosophy (Destiny)

by squidnh3, Monday, February 14, 2022, 12:45 (822 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

It was largely a rhetorical question, but now I'm not so sure. This is where y'all come in. I think I don't have enough information, as my own incites and takes don't feel "enough" and so I'm asking for y'alls take. Right now, in our coming towards last week of Void 2.0, what does each tree feel like to you? Does each tree feel like it has it's own style of play? Or does all feel like it's some cohesive main idea? Or shoot, both or none at all? How have you not lost interest in the aspects of the Void 2.0 subclass? How has this rigid style of power kept its fun for you?

All I really care about for each tree is whether A) I like it and it feels good to use and B) when I use it, is it good relative to everything else?

I ended up playing the crap out of bottom tree Nightstalker because I got sick of Golden Gun being terrible in PvP (everyone just runs away), and so I figured "hey, bottom tree Nightstalker has multiple shots, maybe I can make that work as an ad hoc golden gun". Then I realized how good all the rest of the kit is (smoke bombs and voidwalls), combined it with Gemini Jesters, and once I had practiced using the super enough to actually get kills with it, the rest is history.

Top tree used to be great in PvE when Orpheus Rigs was good and there weren't 100 other ways to debuff enemies. Now I see no reason to use it. Middle tree is seemingly useless in PvE, and I don't like the super in PvP. All the really hard PvE stuff I almost never play my Hunter for.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread