TWAB--Void 3.0 and Subclasses (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Friday, August 27, 2021, 17:12 (944 days ago)

I'm sure everyone has already read the latest Bungie Weekly Update (Still a better name than This Week at Bungie, damnit), but INSANEdrive was slacking this week and didn't start a thread. (:

They start with some Bungie Foundation stuff, we all probably know the drill there. Donate for a good cause, get some swag, both physical and digital.

The real meat comes next with talk about subclasses. No new Darkness subclass this year (though one is in the works for later). Instead, they've decided to focus on bringing the Light subclasses up to snuff with Fragments and Aspects, like Stasis. First up is Void. I won't attempt to summarize it here, just go read it.

I will point out a few things I think are notable, mainly, the verbs and statuses they refer to in regards to class building. Stasis has Slow, Freeze, and Shatter. The new Void classes will focus on a few more things:

Negative effects will be applied to enemies:

And positive effects to yourself and allies:

They also highlight some potential fragments and aspects afterwards. I think this all sounds fascinating and like a great change for the game.

I must say, though, that I do hope unlocking fragments and aspects wont' be as annoying as it has been with Stasis, but I think we all know how that'll turn out.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread