This comment is a reoccurring fossil (Gaming)

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Wednesday, October 16, 2013, 07:46 (3868 days ago) @ kidtsunami

I've seen this type of comment, time and time again. I think there is a much bigger issue than interface balancing. If PC and Consoles become tethered, the world will never be the same. It will be cool and uncool. The problem with PC games is that they are inherently second nature to the PC. A console can only do so many things, playing games is one of them. You (for the most part) cannot play games while browsing the web in the background, you cannot be tweaking game files and folders while playing the game, it limits you to the game instance. In this same way, the PC doesn't care that you're playing a game, you can do whatever during said game and if you're smart enough, you can augment your instance with mods, hacks, etc. This would make playing against PC players while on console potentially unplayable. They have unlimited power , and the console can't compete with that.

The only way to restrict instance control on PC seems to be somekind of DRM... and we can see how well that all went.

P.S. I know there are exceptions to the rule and modding can create fun and new avenues of gameplay for once tapped games, nonetheless, if you're trying to establish a legitimacy and streamlined standard of gameplay, instance control is everything.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread