Hellblade (Off-Topic)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, April 25, 2019, 20:41 (1848 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Cool.

I enjoy the Valravn fight more, of the two of them. He has more attacks and you have to be more clever / skilled to deflect his blades and dodge his rushing charge. Funnily enough, I actually didn't get across the bridge this time. I made the video for you and then jumped over to Dad of War.

I'd like to do Hellblade again (and it's always funny since I seem to do those two games back to back and they're both heavily Norse god related... you even hear different variants of the same stories!) but it'll have to wait a while...

I'm glad you're enjoying it more. I didn't want to overpromise on the combat, there's another basic enemy type or two you won't have encountered yet, but I enjoy it for sorta being exactly what it wanted or needed to be. Also for being a different approach. Dad of War, Batman Arkham, Tomb Raider, Witcher 3, and even Assassin's Creed (at least the older ones, I haven't played either of the new generation yet) all have a similar feel while Senua's fights are almost part spacing/movement puzzles and part combat/combo-breaker puzzles.

Plus the game and Senua's model and movements are... honestly I think it is the prettiest game I've played. In addition to the best acted. So yeah, I like it a lot. :)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread