Super good show! *SP* (Off-Topic)

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Saturday, September 14, 2013, 15:38 (3897 days ago) @ Ragashingo
edited by Grizzlei, Saturday, September 14, 2013, 15:58

There are no other air benders in the entire world yet? Clearly bending doesn't go straight down genetic lines given that Aang has kids spread among the three elements.

Yep, just like the two brothers Mako and Bolin, fire and earth bend, respectively. It was really nice to see a lot of Air Acolytes occupying the Southern Air Temple. I got teary-eyed when I saw it so abandoned in The Last Airbender.

The northern water tribe invading the south seems very extreme. But more that that it seems overly convenient. Mr. Chief was planning this all along. What is his real game?

Being a c**t of an uncle. Chief Unalaq appears to be a religious extremist and his plans to unify the northern and southern tribes, the latter of which will be undergoing a tremendous cultural assimilation to bring it in-line with the north, could very well be a move against the United Republic and their nonspiritual development. Their navy seems to be on-par with General Iroh's fleet that sailed into Republic City.

[image]

Overall I liked the episodes, but they did seem a little rushed. I'd rather they start off a bit slower. But maybe they can slow down now that most everything is established.

The pilot of The Legend of Korra got to the point awfully quick too. "I'M THE AVATAR. YOU GOTTA DEAL WITH IT", training, off to Republic City, and meeting Equalist assholes all in 25 minutes or so. The "previously on" bit at the beginning of the season two opener was a bummer considering everything that took place within six months. Seems like they tried to fit in a lot of ancillary funny bits unimportant to the spirit-focused story.

Now the wait till next week begins. :(

We need more Bolin and Eska. God they're a cute ass couple. Plus Aubrey Plaza is just great as usual. The whole cast is great actually. A lot of really awesome voice actors are in this season. Am I spazzing enough? Yeah I really love this show. Watch it, people.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread