An Unhappy Message for Korny (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, November 25, 2022, 19:38 (511 days ago)

What you did tonight vs Kermit was completely unacceptable. Ruining the nights of five Destiny players in an effort to "not make things awkward" very much had the opposite effect. You may not like someone. You may hate their guts or have some legitimate grudge against them. But... have it on your own time. Excluding someone from an impromptu, "we short and need any two more people for this raid" is just so unfriendly. To the person you don't like... sure... but even more so to the rest of us.

Here's the kicker, at least for me personally. When I got pulled into one of your flawless practice raids at the beginning of this week another person in the party straight up said to me: "Raga, I know you don't like Krony, but we need someone... are you willing to play with him." I told them that they were absolutely right, but I'd play with you anyway. So as to be a good friend. So as to come to others' aid. So as to help share the fun with people who just wanted to play some games. So as to be an f-ing adult. You have your grudges or whatever. Fine. But know that the grudges people have against you are actively being put aside for the sake of others.

And... maybe, just maybe... consider doing the same.

(On the slight possibility you have some actual, legitimate complaint, so serious you can't stand to hear someone else's voice... then stop hiding behind dumb excuses and let us know what it is. If there's something so so bad then the rest of us will join you in excluding someone. None of us want to play with a legitimately bad person. But you voiced no real excuse while ruining my night. And that's crap.)

Locking the thread

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Friday, November 25, 2022, 20:33 (511 days ago) @ Ragashingo

I'll just state that I unwittingly stepped in the middle of what is apparently an old issue tonight and it was unpleasant for everyone involved. I've been informed that we have discussed this ad nauseam, so I'm going to lock the thread and let us move on. If another admin wants to delete the thread, that's fine.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread