I finished a thing. (Fan Creations)

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Tuesday, November 15, 2022, 13:53 (499 days ago)

Here's how it started 14 years ago.

Well all the deep stuff got worked out. All is good.
After multiple attempts at making a Master Chief cosplay, I finally found success when I purchased a 3D printer during lockdown and began printing a full suit. I then started printing a suit for my son. After two years of working on them they finally were wearable for Halloween this year.

I'm super proud of them and wanted to share so you could all bathe me in praise and attention.

I achieved my goal and you can too!!

[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]

I finished a thing.

by Claude Errera @, Tuesday, November 15, 2022, 14:12 (499 days ago) @ ManKitten

I've seen the full-sized one before now, but not your son's. Fantastic work!

I finished a thing.

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, November 15, 2022, 14:26 (499 days ago) @ ManKitten

Holy shit, dude. Those look fantastic!

🤩

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Tuesday, November 15, 2022, 14:39 (499 days ago) @ ManKitten

- No text -

So cool!

by Anna Komnene, Tuesday, November 15, 2022, 15:20 (499 days ago) @ ManKitten

- No text -

"Don't talk to me or my son ever again"

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Tuesday, November 15, 2022, 15:25 (499 days ago) @ ManKitten

Those look super good. Have you gotten to go anywhere to show them off together, like a convention or something?

"Don't talk to me or my son ever again"

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Wednesday, November 16, 2022, 06:08 (499 days ago) @ stabbim

Those look super good. Have you gotten to go anywhere to show them off together, like a convention or something?

Not yet but we plan to. I'm currently working on a suit for my wife.

Great stuff!

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, November 15, 2022, 17:03 (499 days ago) @ ManKitten

[image]

Lol the match start poses.

I love how doable crafts have become thanks to 3D printing becoming more accessible. Not too long ago we were ogling the Nightmare Armors in awe.

Revenant came over at some point last year showing us the resin method used in that era of armor crafting and every step of the way was terrifying. And we just made small statues!

Awesome!

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, November 15, 2022, 18:35 (499 days ago) @ ManKitten

Really enjoyed reading the backstory, too.

Dude, that looks GOOD.

by Joe Duplessie (SNIPE 316) ⌂ @, Detroit, Tuesday, November 15, 2022, 18:36 (499 days ago) @ ManKitten

So often, these cosplay suits will look cheap and plastic-y. But this looks like legitimate ceramic. And the colors are fantastic, great job all around!

Dude, that looks GOOD.

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Wednesday, November 16, 2022, 06:11 (499 days ago) @ Joe Duplessie (SNIPE 316)

So often, these cosplay suits will look cheap and plastic-y. But this looks like legitimate ceramic. And the colors are fantastic, great job all around!

Thank you! Funny enough, some of the details and paintwork look better up close instead of wide shots like this.

I finished a thing.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, November 15, 2022, 19:45 (499 days ago) @ ManKitten

Well all the deep stuff got worked out. All is good.
After multiple attempts at making a Master Chief cosplay, I finally found success when I purchased a 3D printer during lockdown and began printing a full suit. I then started printing a suit for my son. After two years of working on them they finally were wearable for Halloween this year.

[image]

That…..Is……BALLER.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Tuesday, November 15, 2022, 21:22 (499 days ago) @ ManKitten

Just in time for the 21st anniversary, too—it’s absolutely incredible.

You've inspired me.

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Monday, December 05, 2022, 20:41 (479 days ago) @ ManKitten

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread