Late to the party: King's Fall! (Destiny)

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Saturday, November 12, 2022, 09:06 (503 days ago)

Finally got to do a full King's Fall run last night, and it was exactly as long, arduous, and painful as ever. And it was perfect and awesome! Thanks to Kerm, Anna, BigArm, Peake, and Raga. And an extra special thanks to Peake for quarterbacking our squad and walking us first-clear folks through, despite apparently being on the edge of death.

Fortunately, we had all at least done the D2 Oryx encounter a few times in previous weeks, so it was blissfully satisfying for us to steamroll Oryx after 5 hours of slogging through the earlier encounters.

It's taken me a while to get my raiding boots broken in again, but I'm hoping to be back up to speed in order to do a blind run for whatever is coming next!

Oh, and this screenshot pretty much sums up how things were going toward the end. 😛 Raga and I are waiting at the throne room door while the rest of the crew was getting bounced around by the… uh… (checks family-friendly thesaurus) piston wall. At least 3 of us (including myself) got to the final platform and then fell down while trying to help others navigate. 🤦‍♂️

[image]

Oh, and no Touch of Malice drops. Naturally.

Late to the party: King's Fall!

by Claude Errera @, Saturday, November 12, 2022, 11:39 (503 days ago) @ Beorn

Oh, and no Touch of Malice drops. Naturally.

Our Wednesday night crew has 94 clears between us. Only half of us have gotten it so far.

Woof

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Saturday, November 12, 2022, 11:46 (503 days ago) @ Claude Errera

- No text -

1 run. Got it.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Saturday, November 12, 2022, 20:27 (502 days ago) @ Claude Errera

- No text -

RNG... it's beautiful, isn't it?

by Claude Errera @, Sunday, November 13, 2022, 10:51 (502 days ago) @ Ragashingo

- No text -

Got mine on the 16th actually-potential run

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Sunday, November 13, 2022, 19:09 (501 days ago) @ Claude Errera

One clanmate got it 3 times with the same character on those same 16 runs. His membership status was on the brink of expiry-by-frustration :p

Probably my second favorite raid

by Anna Komnene, Saturday, November 12, 2022, 16:10 (503 days ago) @ Beorn

After Vow. Or maybe it's tied with Vow? My two favorite are this and Vow.

Late to the party: King's Fall!

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, November 17, 2022, 12:41 (498 days ago) @ Beorn

Finally got to do a full King's Fall run last night, and it was exactly as long, arduous, and painful as ever. And it was perfect and awesome! Thanks to Kerm, Anna, BigArm, Peake, and Raga. And an extra special thanks to Peake for quarterbacking our squad and walking us first-clear folks through, despite apparently being on the edge of death.

Fortunately, we had all at least done the D2 Oryx encounter a few times in previous weeks, so it was blissfully satisfying for us to steamroll Oryx after 5 hours of slogging through the earlier encounters.

Sorry for the late reply, but was glad you could make it. It shouldn't have taken so long, but we had a lot of downtime. Peake is better, I hear, so no more waiting anxiously hoping he didn't die while taking a break.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread