Midnight Crickets (Off-Topic)

by rellekh, PNW, Monday, October 24, 2022, 10:53 (544 days ago)
edited by rellekh, Monday, October 24, 2022, 11:09

Unoudid, you've let me down.

I came back to the forum to see what the Swifties would say about the new Midnight album, and I have been DISAPPOINTED.

We all know that this is a Taylor Swift forum masquerading as a Destiny fan site. Where are you all?

It did make me stop lurking to ask...thoughts on the new album?

Hope y'all are hanging in there.

the unoudid summoning ritual has commenced

by Robot Chickens, Monday, October 24, 2022, 11:00 (544 days ago) @ rellekh

- No text -

braces oneself

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Monday, October 24, 2022, 11:55 (544 days ago) @ rellekh

- No text -

Midnight Crickets

by cheapLEY @, Monday, October 24, 2022, 12:49 (544 days ago) @ rellekh

I think it’s okay, but not great. It’s nowhere near as good a pop album as 1989, and it doesn’t feel as emotional or “real” as folklore and evermore did. I don’t think the lyrics are great—a lot of them feel like they were designed to be catchy for TikTok clips or something.

Maybe it’ll grow on me.

Midnight Crickets

by rellekh, PNW, Monday, October 24, 2022, 13:02 (544 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Yup. 1989 is a repeat pop album for me. This one? I don’t have a fully formed opinion as of yet. It probably doesn’t help that I’ve been listening to a lot of Billie Eilish lately, and I’m having trouble making the switch.

Midnight Crickets

by Claude Errera @, Tuesday, October 25, 2022, 10:18 (543 days ago) @ rellekh

Unoudid, you've let me down.

I came back to the forum to see what the Swifties would say about the new Midnight album, and I have been DISAPPOINTED.

We all know that this is a Taylor Swift forum masquerading as a Destiny fan site. Where are you all?

It did make me stop lurking to ask...thoughts on the new album?

Hope y'all are hanging in there.

I'm not uno, and I hesitate to even weigh in on this one... but after not really caring about Taylor Swift, I found that I LOVED Folklore and Evermore, and so I gave this one a shot.

Feels like a reversion to her older stuff... and while the lyrics were clever, they didn't have the same emotional impact (to me) that the last two albums did.

Not unhappy I spent money on it... just not gonna listen to it all the time. :)

Midnight Crickets

by Robot Chickens, Tuesday, October 25, 2022, 11:00 (543 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I'm not uno, and I hesitate to even weigh in on this one... but after not really caring about Taylor Swift, I found that I LOVED Folklore and Evermore, and so I gave this one a shot.

I haven't listened to the new album, but Folklore was probably my favorite of hers thus far.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread