Issue with Xbox game sharing (Gaming)

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Monday, November 15, 2021, 07:05 (865 days ago)

My previous gaming setup was:

Me on Xbox One S and my son on my old Xbox One. I would log into my profile on my box, he would log into his profile on his box. He could then access my games and we could play together.

My current gaming setup is:

Me on Xbox Series X and my son on Xbox One S. Now when he logs into his profile and tries to load a game it says the person who bought the game has to sign in. But if I sign in, then we get the "This profile is being used on another console" and we can't play games together.

I've not found an solution to this online. Anyone know how to remedy this?

Thank you.

Issue with Xbox game sharing

by cheapLEY @, Monday, November 15, 2021, 07:51 (865 days ago) @ ManKitten

Set the One S as your Primary console (Home console, I think is the terminology Microsoft uses) for your account. That will allow your son to access any game you have installed on that machine. And you will have access to those games on the Series X because you’re signed it.

I suspect that when you set up the Series X, it got set as the Home console for your account.

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Monday, November 15, 2021, 08:10 (865 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Set the One S as your Primary console (Home console, I think is the terminology Microsoft uses) for your account. That will allow your son to access any game you have installed on that machine. And you will have access to those games on the Series X because you’re signed it.

I suspect that when you set up the Series X, it got set as the Home console for your account.

Thank you, I will try that. I read something about setting the xbox as home console, but was logged into his profile when I did it so it didn't work. Sometimes me don't understands.

by Oholiab @, Monday, November 15, 2021, 12:51 (865 days ago) @ cheapLEY

We have a similar setup. The Xbox I typically play on is set to “away”. This means I have to be signed in if someone else wants to use the games purchased under my account. It’s also set to automatically log me in for convenience.

The other Xbox is set to “home”. Anyone can play stuff I’ve purchased without me being signed in.

The catch is that to play online together, you need two Gold memberships. So a typical scenario in our house is: Accomplice and Crazymoose want to do a raid. Accomplice has a Gold membership so he uses the “home” Xbox and can play Destiny 2 that I purchased. Crazymoose uses the “away” Xbox where I’m signed in, and my Gold account allows his profile to get online.

Clear as mud?

?

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Monday, November 15, 2021, 13:26 (865 days ago) @ Oholiab

We have a similar setup. The Xbox I typically play on is set to “away”. This means I have to be signed in if someone else wants to use the games purchased under my account. It’s also set to automatically log me in for convenience.

The other Xbox is set to “home”. Anyone can play stuff I’ve purchased without me being signed in.

The catch is that to play online together, you need two Gold memberships. So a typical scenario in our house is: Accomplice and Crazymoose want to do a raid. Accomplice has a Gold membership so he uses the “home” Xbox and can play Destiny 2 that I purchased. Crazymoose uses the “away” Xbox where I’m signed in, and my Gold account allows his profile to get online.

Clear as mud?

I thought they did away with the Gold requirement for Free 2 Play games?

?

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Monday, November 15, 2021, 13:34 (865 days ago) @ kidtsunami

I thought they did away with the Gold requirement for Free 2 Play games?

My son doesn't have a gold account and has never had a problem playing games with me. (aside from the OP issues.)

?

by Oholiab @, Monday, November 15, 2021, 18:20 (864 days ago) @ kidtsunami

So…. Why do I need a Gold subscription at all?

To play non-free-to-play games, I guess

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Tuesday, November 16, 2021, 06:24 (864 days ago) @ Oholiab

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread