Emoji support (DBO)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, November 08, 2021, 13:29 (893 days ago)

????

Thanks Claude.

? Praise Claude! ?

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Monday, November 08, 2021, 13:42 (893 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

Well, ?. :/

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Monday, November 08, 2021, 15:31 (893 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

I already hate this.

by cheapLEY @, Monday, November 08, 2021, 17:17 (893 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Turn it back off, Claude.

+1

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Monday, November 08, 2021, 17:48 (893 days ago) @ cheapLEY

- No text -

I Gotta Go Check The Temperature In Hell! XD

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Monday, November 08, 2021, 19:34 (893 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

???

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Monday, November 08, 2021, 19:48 (893 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

???

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Tuesday, November 09, 2021, 05:17 (892 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

I promise not to abuse this power.

by breitzen @, Kansas, Tuesday, November 09, 2021, 08:23 (892 days ago) @ Cody Miller

But thanks! ☺️

I promise not to abuse this power.

by bluerunner @, Music City, Tuesday, November 09, 2021, 09:49 (892 days ago) @ breitzen

stop scrolling ? ✋?!!! IM FROM THE FUTURE ? ??i need to let you know ?? that 2022 will be the best year you’ve ever had ????! u finna accomplish so much ?? & learn a lot about life???!! i’m so proud of you ??no cap ?? !! ight u can scroll now!! ☝?

Can you all just get this out of your system? Thanks.

by Claude Errera @, Tuesday, November 09, 2021, 09:54 (892 days ago) @ bluerunner

- No text -

?

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Tuesday, November 09, 2021, 10:21 (892 days ago) @ Claude Errera

- No text -

If you insist...

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Tuesday, November 09, 2021, 11:19 (892 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Whether ?️ we ? wanted it ? or not ?, we've ? stepped ?? into a war ?? with the Cabal on ? Mars ?. So let's ? get to taking out their command ?‍✈, one 1️⃣ by one ☝️. Valus Ta'aurc ???. From what I ? can gather ?? he commands ↘️⤴️ the Siege Dancers ?? from an Imperial ? Land Tank ? outside ?️ of Rubicon ?️. He's well protected ?️?️?, but ⚠️ with the right team ➡️?, we ? can ? punch ? through those defenses ??️, take this beast ? out ?, and break ? their grip ✊ on ? Freehold ????

Can you all just get this out of your system? Thanks.

by bluerunner @, Music City, Tuesday, November 09, 2021, 12:10 (892 days ago) @ Claude Errera

?hen "the emo?i ??lice be like" "no☝?" But we still out here posting emo??s ??? ??? always. Keep. It. 100 ???????????????? ??????

If It's Any Consolation

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Tuesday, November 09, 2021, 15:57 (892 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I'll stick with the "XD's" and the winks.

I don't mind keeping it simple. ;-)

anybody want to run ? ? or ⬇️?? or ??? ✝️

by Robot Chickens, Tuesday, November 09, 2021, 21:09 (892 days ago) @ Claude Errera

- No text -

took me way too long to get the first one...

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Wednesday, November 10, 2021, 06:00 (891 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

- No text -

the first one was only one I got.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, November 12, 2021, 11:19 (889 days ago) @ kidtsunami

- No text -

by Claude Errera @, Friday, November 12, 2021, 11:28 (889 days ago) @ Kermit

Vault of Glass, Deep Stone Crypt, Garden of Salvation

by Robot Chickens, Friday, November 12, 2021, 11:56 (889 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Don’t you love how emojis make everything in communication clear?

by Claude Errera @, Friday, November 12, 2021, 12:02 (889 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

I hate them. A lot. I don't want to work at deciphering common text - if I wanted to solve a rebus puzzle, I'd find a book of them.

To be totally clear, I'm still running an operating system (MacOS 10.12.6) that's old enough that the DSC combo is a down arrow and two square boxes - those last two emojis are newer than my OS, and cannot be interpreted.

Which makes rebuses even MORE fun. /s

(I had to open the post on my phone to actually read it.)

I added the functionality mostly because it was annoying that it wasn't working before (I mean, all of the db encodings and display page encodings were right, it SHOULD have worked)... but I find their use in general to be barely tolerable.

I assume that I'm in the minority, because I'm old, so I make sure my grumpiness doesn't block their use... but I'm happier when people refrain.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, November 12, 2021, 12:39 (889 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I hate them. A lot. I don't want to work at deciphering common text - if I wanted to solve a rebus puzzle, I'd find a book of them.

I assume that I'm in the minority, because I'm old, so I make sure my grumpiness doesn't block their use... but I'm happier when people refrain.

Wait'll you get a load of me...

[image]

by Robot Chickens, Friday, November 12, 2021, 13:10 (889 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I added the functionality mostly because it was annoying that it wasn't working before (I mean, all of the db encodings and display page encodings were right, it SHOULD have worked)... but I find their use in general to be barely tolerable.

I assumed this was the case. I'm just giving you a hard time because... well, I don't really have a good reason. Well dang, this took me down a darker introspective road than I was hoping.

Thanks for making this place awesome, even if the tenants are grumpy occasionally.

by Claude Errera @, Friday, November 12, 2021, 16:12 (889 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

I assumed this was the case. I'm just giving you a hard time because... well, I don't really have a good reason. Well dang, this took me down a darker introspective road than I was hoping.

I really wasn't meaning to make anyone feel bad. I know some people enjoy this stuff, and I was annoyed that something that SHOULD have worked wasn't working. I also know that when you turn something like this on, it gets overused for a bit until people have had a little fun - and from then on it'll most likely be used much more sparingly.

I'm okay with all of that. I just have a personal dislike for the whole concept of emojis, always have. I simply don't feel like they add anything useful to the process of communication. (For every obvious symbol that saves you 5 or 10 typed characters, there are a hundred emojis that mean nothing to the uninitiated, or display too small to even make out.)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, November 12, 2021, 17:04 (889 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I really wasn't meaning to make anyone feel bad. I know some people enjoy this stuff, and I was annoyed that something that SHOULD have worked wasn't working. I also know that when you turn something like this on, it gets overused for a bit until people have had a little fun - and from then on it'll most likely be used much more sparingly.

I'm okay with all of that. I just have a personal dislike for the whole concept of emojis, always have. I simply don't feel like they add anything useful to the process of communication. (For every obvious symbol that saves you 5 or 10 typed characters, there are a hundred emojis that mean nothing to the uninitiated, or display too small to even make out.)

My complete repertoire:
:)
:(
;)

NM remembers *NM*

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Saturday, November 13, 2021, 06:03 (888 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Okay so uh

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, November 15, 2021, 18:32 (886 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Emojis don't turn purple when you've read them, making posts with only emojis in the title really confusing…

SGA: the arrows on the left also work as flags for 'seen'

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Tuesday, November 16, 2021, 06:22 (885 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

Amazing, thanks!

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, November 16, 2021, 08:05 (885 days ago) @ ZackDark

- No text -

Back to the forum index
    RSS Feed of thread