Receiving End of a DBO IB 6-Stack (Destiny)

by Robot Chickens, Thursday, September 09, 2021, 14:34 (931 days ago)

Last week IB got off to a great start with a full team. This twitch streamer was not pleased.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1135241541?t=5h40m45s

He was pretty proud of killing squidNH3 at one point. I would be too considering squid's KD was the same as their entire team's score.

I was mostly just along for the ride but it was great playing with y'all.

Made my night.

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, September 09, 2021, 15:52 (931 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

How does anything we did qualify as “playing like pussies?”

Made my night.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Thursday, September 09, 2021, 16:20 (931 days ago) @ cheapLEY

How does anything we did qualify as “playing like pussies?”

In their defense, I literally just camped at our spawn that whole match to make sure they had nowhere else to spawn, so his criticism kind of applies to me. :P

Ever the fourm Loki.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, September 09, 2021, 16:22 (931 days ago) @ Korny

- No text -

Hypocritical Projection.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Thursday, September 09, 2021, 16:53 (931 days ago) @ cheapLEY

It’s fairly common with streamers. ;-)

You notice the dude didn’t even step out into the sun? Not even once! And he spent the entire time zoomed in with his Linear. That’s how he got snuck up on so many times. You hurt his feelings. :-D

Receiving End of a DBO IB 6-Stack

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, September 09, 2021, 16:08 (931 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

Last week IB got off to a great start with a full team. This twitch streamer was not pleased.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1135241541?t=5h40m45s

He was pretty proud of killing squidNH3 at one point. I would be too considering squid's KD was the same as their entire team's score.

I was mostly just along for the ride but it was great playing with y'all.

Even on my worst games, and I've had some really disgusting games, I've never even felt an urge to comment on ones sexual propriety. Instead of camping, maybe he could have tried and... I don't know, capture a point? I'm an admittedly recklessly aggressive player, and I admit, I only watched the one game. But... if all you are going to do is sit your ass down and shoot what you see in a spot, why are you playing? Is it even considered... playing? Felt more AFK then anything else. If this was truly a competitive game with respawning restrictions, then I get it, those types of picks are a big deal. Watching this felt like watching paint dry.

He wasn't even holding a tactically interesting spot to stop folks from capping points! Here's an idea! Two birds one stone; If you're going to camp, camp on A, B, or C. Eventually something will come your way, and you'll actually be worth a darn to the team. Not that it mattered in this game cause WOOF, y'all didn't even bring flowers.

Sheesh.

Out of curiosity, how did you find this Robot?

by Robot Chickens, Thursday, September 09, 2021, 16:28 (931 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

squids 7-year post where the heat map was pointed out. The guy who made that site also developed Guardian Theater.

It links your bungie data and twitch and scours for videos you appear in. If you're into watching streamers comment on your playing... have fun?

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, September 09, 2021, 16:34 (931 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

squids 7-year post where the heat map was pointed out. The guy who made that site also developed Guardian Theater.

It links your bungie data and twitch and scours for videos you appear in. If you're into watching streamers comment on your playing... have fun?

Oh! Right! Of course. Cool! Guardian Theater had been out of commission for a LONG LONG time, glad to see it's back up!

by squidnh3, Thursday, September 09, 2021, 17:11 (931 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

This is pretty classic "I'm not dying a lot but I'm completely useless to my team" style of gameplay. Running straight to B probably would have just got him killed more though, what you have to try is to establish a position in which you can help your teammates when they do eventually decide they need to cap another point. Probably wouldn't have worked because we were being careful about not flipping spawns until the very end.

For The Love of God…

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Thursday, September 09, 2021, 16:50 (931 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

The very millisecond the video started playing, I pretty much just collapsed in my chair in exasperation.

We need to spread the word: People—microphones were built to pick up audio. They belong a short distance away from the body. It does not go down your throat. It does not go up your nostrils. It does not fit inside the front or back of your pants. It sits. An intermediate. Distance. AWAY. From YOU!

Social distancing or something. 6 inches minimum! Good lord, that drives me up the wall like you would not believe.

You guys did excellent, though. All I could see were your names standing with Wolves. It’s a badass feeling! Congrats.

by squidnh3, Thursday, September 09, 2021, 17:12 (931 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

I wish I would have gotten him with Merciless at some point. I only died because I was desperately trying to get ability kills before we mercied them!

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, September 09, 2021, 21:25 (930 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

TELESTO IS THE BESTO

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, September 10, 2021, 09:36 (930 days ago) @ Cody Miller

BETTER THAN THE RESTO

And because Telesto is Telesto...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, September 10, 2021, 13:58 (930 days ago) @ Cody Miller

TELESTO IS THE BESTO

It's now under arresto:

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, September 10, 2021, 14:09 (930 days ago) @ Korny

TELESTO IS THE BESTO

It's now under arresto:

Aww, I missed that... Would've been great for NF

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, September 10, 2021, 14:45 (930 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, September 10, 2021, 15:09 (930 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

What is PB mod?

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, September 10, 2021, 15:25 (930 days ago) @ Cody Miller

What is PB mod?

Turns Guardians into Peanut Butter, obviously.

Thanks for coming to my TED Talk.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, September 10, 2021, 16:32 (930 days ago) @ Korny
edited by Cody Miller, Friday, September 10, 2021, 16:35

Cue me saying it’s easy to add two lines of code to check and exclude telesto bubbles from perk activations lol game dev is harddddd guyzzzz

At least I know better these days.

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, September 10, 2021, 19:19 (930 days ago) @ Cody Miller

To be fair, this has been a known problem ever since Forsaken launched, since we used this exact same trick to advance Blind Well and has been recurring every time a mod/mechanic/buff shows up like that.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, September 10, 2021, 21:28 (929 days ago) @ ZackDark

To be fair, this has been a known problem ever since Forsaken launched, since we used this exact same trick to advance Blind Well and has been recurring every time a mod/mechanic/buff shows up like that.

Would there be any problem with putting the orbs in say, a category of their own? Would that break anything that functions how it's supposed to?

No clue, huge codebase

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, September 10, 2021, 21:51 (929 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread